iptv support in access point mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-27 12:17:48
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: latest

Hallo, it says that decos do not have iptv support in access point mode.

It is not clear to me what this means, does it mean the signal is not passed thru or just that there is no igmp snooping?

This is the situation ; I have a router with two ethernet cables going upstairs , so there is wired backhaul, is it still not possible to obtain iptv, even when I put

in a switch like the sg105e that support igmp snooping?

Options
2 Reply
Re:iptv support in access point mode
2023-01-27 13:15:41

@Brian_Boltzman 

.....and what if I place the switch before the deco, would that cause a problem?

The configuration would then be, router>network-cable>sg-105e switch>tv and deco in access mode.

Options
Re:iptv support in access point mode
2023-01-28 10:00:18

@Brian_Boltzman 

When Deco is in AP mode, it still supports IGMP snooping and the signal will pass through as well.

I think since AP mode does not support VLAN tags anymore, "decos do not have iptv support in access point mode" mainly said you could not separate the Internet date from IPTV data through one port. So the following configuration is no longer available:https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2421/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 455

Replies: 2

Related Articles