Deco M5 and Windows 10 NTP synchronization problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-31 17:10:32
Tags: #NTP
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.6.1 Build 20220818 Rel. 36456

Hello,

I have installed 3x M5 units and since the installation, the NTP synchronization on the computers is failing.

Real-time protection is disabled as well as parental control.

SETUP : 
The topology is as follows:

-Modem+Router provided by ISP

-Main M5 deco is connected to the router via Ethernet cable.

-Second and third M5 devices connected with the main Deco via WiFi. 

PROBLEM:

Since the installation, I'm having issues with the date not being synchronized via Internet. Setting different servers does not help. 

Computers are running Windows 10 and it is affecting some programs that required the correct date and time.

All windows laptops connected to WiFi ou via cable are not synchronizing with time[dot]windows[dot]com or pool[dot]ntp[dot]org.

TROUBLESHOOTING:

Connecting to another network (like WiFi tethered from a phone) makes NTP synchronization to work. 

When connected by cable to our router the synchronization works too. 

I am attaching a capture output of my test, the client keeps trying to reach the NTP server with no response.

File:
NTP fail.zipDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 and Windows 10 NTP synchronization problem
2023-01-31 19:54:41

@wallacersm 

If you have modem/router provided by ISP and plan to keep it, I would suggest configuring Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode. In that mode, NTP sync issue should go away.

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 406

Replies: 1

Tags

NTP
Related Articles