HYBRID BACKHAUL

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HYBRID BACKHAUL

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HYBRID BACKHAUL
HYBRID BACKHAUL
2023-01-31 18:53:10
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi! 

I just want to check is this set up will be possible.

Options
5 Reply
Re:HYBRID BACKHAUL
2023-01-31 19:51:46

@LudsuC 

This will work. If you have a choice, I would suggest to consider Deco X50 or X55 instead. With those, you can configure where wireless Satellite Deco should connect. 

As for X60, it does not have that feature yet. Satellite X60 might try to connect to faraway Main Deco instead of a nearby wired Satellite Deco and if it does, there is not much you can do about it.

How to select a preferred signal source on the Deco App

Options
2023-01-31 20:37:56

Alexandre. wrote

@LudsuC 

This will work. If you have a choice, I would suggest to consider Deco X50 or X55 instead. With those, you can configure where wireless Satellite Deco should connect. 

As for X60, it does not have that feature yet. Satellite X60 might try to connect to faraway Main Deco instead of a nearby wired Satellite Deco and if it does, there is not much you can do about it.

@Alexandre. Thanks for your reply. I'm planning to use deco x50 or m5 as satellites for the wifi backhaul 

Options
2023-01-31 20:40:07

Alexandre. wrote

@LudsuC 

@Alexandre. So there should be no problem having the satellite deco provide ethernet backhaul using another switch?

Options
2023-01-31 20:44:28

@LudsuC 

As long as switches are compatible with Deco Ethernet backhaul protocol, everything will work just fine. See General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Options
2023-01-31 20:46:26

LudsuC wrote

@Alexandre. Thanks for your reply. I'm planning to use deco x50 or m5 as satellites for the wifi backhaul 

@LudsuC 

For signal source selection feature to work, you may need to have all Deco units supporting it. A combination of X50s and M5s should work, but if you plan to mix X60s (feature not supported) with X50s and M5s - that might not.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 356

Replies: 5

Related Articles