Cannot stream More4, My5 and other streaming services with my 2019 Samsung TV when using Deco X20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot stream More4, My5 and other streaming services with my 2019 Samsung TV when using Deco X20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-01 17:53:59
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: latest update (01.02.2023)

As the title says, I cannot use most of the streaming services on my 2019 Samsung TV when connected either by wi-fi or ethernet cable to my Deco X20.  I get a buffering 'circle of death' when I try to connect.  In the case of More4 the service will connect after a couple of minutes, but then I have buffering issues throughout

All of these services work flawlessly, without any buffering when connected to my ISP (Toob) provided router.

This unfortunately is a deal-breaker for my wife so if I cannot find a solution, the Deco X20 will be returned for a refund.

I've googled the issue but cannot find any solutions so I'm wondering if anybody can help here?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Cannot stream More4, My5 and other streaming services with my 2019 Samsung TV when using Deco X20
2023-02-01 19:43:15

@Tiz 

Usually, connecting Smart TV by Ethernet to Deco unit fixes such issues. I would suggest three troubleshooting steps: 

1. Verify that TV uses Ethernet link while connected by Ethernet cable.

I briefly owned TV where I had to manually disable WiFi interface in configuration settings to make it use Ethernet.

You can find how Smart TV is connected from Deco app.

2. With TV connected by Ethernet to Satellite Deco, verify that Satellite Deco has good signal connection to Main Deco.

If Satellite Deco has weak signal connection to Main Deco, that will negatively impact all devices connected to Satellite Deco.

You can find that info in Deco app.

3. Lastly, if after steps 1 and 2 the problem is still there, and as long as you have your ISP provided router with Main Deco connected to it, you can configure Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode.

In Access Point mode, all bandwidth management and content filtering features of Deco mesh will be disabled. Some of them might be impacting quality of streaming. How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Options
Re:Cannot stream More4, My5 and other streaming services with my 2019 Samsung TV when using Deco X20
2023-02-01 20:28:12

@Alexandre. 

Thanks for the quick reply

1. Verify that TV uses Ethernet link while connected by Ethernet cable.

I reconnected the TV and it and the Deco app confirmed a wired connection

2. With TV connected by Ethernet to Satellite Deco, verify that Satellite Deco has good signal connection to Main Deco.

The TV is connected to the Main Deco rather than a Satellite Deco

3. Lastly, if after steps 1 and 2 the problem is still there, and as long as you have your ISP provided router with Main Deco connected to it, you can configure Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode.

This is what I've been doing and it works in AP mode, however, I would like to use all the features so I may have to return it and try another solution.

Options
2023-02-01 21:02:23

@Tiz 

One more thing to check. Bring Satellite Deco to where Samsung TV is, connect TV to Satellite Deco with Ethernet cable. If that works, you might have IPTV enabled for the second port of Main Deco: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2421/

Options
2023-02-01 23:39:41

@Alexandre. 

Thanks again, I will check that, but I know there is a page on the Deco app when setting up a network that specifically asks about internet connection type and has an option to switch on/off VLAN/IPTV.  I left this switched off so I'm not hopeful this will fix the problem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 318

Replies: 4

Related Articles