How to add a single new DECO M4 to an already existing and fully functional DECO M4 network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to add a single new DECO M4 to an already existing and fully functional DECO M4 network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-06 19:51:59
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

how can I add a new Deco M4 device to an already existing Deco M4 network (with three elements) successfully configured a couple of years ago?

I just bought the fourth device (the same as previous) but the app does not allow me to add a new device to an already existing network.

Thanks for your time.

Alex

Options
8 Reply
Re:How to add a single new DECO M4 to an already existing and fully functional DECO M4 network
2023-02-06 22:04:31

@AlexDeco2023 

I am assuming you tried to follow this document and without success: How to add an additional unit to your Deco network

Quick search for M4 revealed that they are not sold in single units, but only in 2-unit and 3-unit set. That makes me believe you've got previously owned M4. If this is the case, it is possible previous owner didn't properly remove that M4 from their Deco mesh. When Deco unit is removed from Deco mesh, it'll be factory reset and ready to add.

You should try factory reset that M4 and see if it helps: 

Have the unit powered on
Hold the reset pinhole at the bottom for 1s with a paperclip or other sharp object to perform a hardware reset.
Wait untill the LED turns to blinking blue and you could begin to set it up again on the Deco APP.

Options
Re:How to add a single new DECO M4 to an already existing and fully functional DECO M4 network
2023-02-07 06:57:51

@Alexandre. 

they are also sold separately factory new.

Unfortunately in the app there is no option "add a Deco to your network", but only the configuration as a primary Deco connected to the modem, which I already have.

it's an app problem, I think.

Options
2023-02-07 12:34:34

@AlexDeco2023 

Are you sure you are not creating new Deco network instead of adding unit to an existent one?

Check this document, it might help: Fail to setup the Satellite Deco

Options
2023-02-07 15:38:35
I'm pretty sure the app forces me to create a new Deco network. There is no option to add a Deco. This is the problem, indeed.
Options
2023-02-07 15:56:23

@Alexandre. 

There is no support here?

Options
2023-02-08 15:49:05

@AlexDeco2023 In the homepage of the deco app, there's a "+" sign at the top right corner.

Is it not showing for you?

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2023-02-08 16:16:24

@ImtiazAli 

No it's not.

I think the screens posted It's the old version from the playstore. The new app has no "+".

This is actually the app without "+".

Options
2023-02-11 04:34:20

@AlexDeco2023 Not the play store page, but the page you see when you open the deco app.

Like in the picture below:

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 619

Replies: 8

Related Articles