Plusnet full fibre

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Plusnet full fibre

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Plusnet full fibre
Plusnet full fibre
2023-02-10 09:01:56
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello I currently use Virgin broadband i have my router in modem mode. I am thinking of moving to another provider probably Plusnet full fibre.Having googled how to set up my deco's i am a little confused.

I've read there is no need to connect via the Plusnet hub2 but plug the deco directly into the ONT box that will be filtted by Plusnet.

Is this correct ? If so can someone give me instruction on resetting the Deco's and how to configure the app settings . Many thanks in advance

Options
4 Reply
Re:Plusnet full fibre
2023-02-12 14:14:20

@friedeggs 

Correct, your main deco can connect direct to the ONT via ethernet cable. You will need to amend the connection type on the deco app to PPPoE which will also require your Plusnet username and password (you use these for logging into the plusnet portal)

Options
2023-03-05 11:18:16
Thanks
Options
2023-04-02 14:01:26

@friedeggs 

Hi did you get to link to work with Plusnet I am in process of switching to full fibre with them. Does the plugging ethernet directly into the white

Options
2023-04-02 15:54:29 - last edited 2023-04-02 18:36:16

@Boldguy, sorry I can't help you. I decided to wait until after all the recent price rises ( march 31 )before thinking of moving to However in the mean time it turns out Plusnet are no longer taking on new customers for their sim only. There are rumours that Plusnet may fold altogether so it has put me off joining them . If you have any success plugging directly into the ONT box please let us know

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 713

Replies: 4

Related Articles