Devices in the Deco app showing offline when they are actually connected to the internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Devices in the Deco app showing offline when they are actually connected to the internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-10 16:15:36
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.10 Build 20221102 real. 66085

I have just set up my first Mesh system using 3 Deco x55, everything appears to be working fine. However, on playing around with the app i have noticed that a few of my devices are offline when they are actually connected to the internet and are working fine, is this normal,  any ideas on how I can fix the problem? For example, my iMac originally was showing as online, then it moved to offline, I've reboot the iMac and the network but it stays the same.

thanks in advance

Options
3 Reply
Re:Devices in the Deco app showing offline when they are actually connected to the internet
2023-02-10 20:24:29

@Huw53 

This usually happens when device uses "randomized MAC address." On each of such devices you'll need to configure "use device MAC address" for Deco mesh SSID. 

Options
Re:Devices in the Deco app showing offline when they are actually connected to the internet
2023-02-17 09:10:10
Sorry for the delay in responding, thank you for your advice, any ideas as to how i set the system to use the devices MAC? reagrds Huw
Options
2023-02-17 12:47:10

@Huw53 

This is not Deco mesh configuration setting. You'll need to change that on every device at your household, such as iPhone, iPad. Also, on Android devices. When you bring new device to your household, you'll need to make configuration change on that new device, too.

Google "Use private Wi-Fi addresses on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch" and you should see KB article HT211227 from Apple, discussing this topic.

Also, see item 3 from the following topic: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/166440?replyId=581970

Options