Will an EAP225-Outdoor work for me?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-15 22:36:20 - last edited 2023-02-17 04:39:15

I have an internet setup with Monkeybrains as my provider.    Then I have an 8 port switch which I'm going to be using to split the internet between some POE cameras and some device to provide internet outdoors.

1) I tried it with an old apple router and it worked just fine.

2) I then plugged in an EAP110-Outdoor in and it didn't work.  

3) Reading the manual it seems that the EAP110-Outdoor doesn't support working behind as switch.

"Option 2: Via PoE Switch (Only for EAP22-Outdoor"

Before returning the 110 and ordering the 225, I just want to make sure I have this right.  Monkey brains internet, going through a switch, to the EAP225-Outdoor should work fine?

Thanks for any info! 

Obviously, I've got a lot to learn here about modern wifi networks.

-Adam 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Will an EAP225-Outdoor work for me?-Solution
2023-02-16 09:09:38 - last edited 2023-02-17 04:39:15

Dear @AdamGeekeasy

AdamGeekeasy wrote

Then I have an 8 port switch which I'm going to be using to split the internet between some POE cameras and some device to provide internet outdoors.

3) Reading the manual it seems that the EAP110-Outdoor doesn't support working behind as switch.
Before returning the 110 and ordering the 225, I just want to make sure I have this right.  Monkey brains internet, going through a switch, to the EAP225-Outdoor should work fine?

Thanks for reporting this issue to TP-Link community.

The issue you are talking about is POE Compatible issue I think.

As mentioned in the Specifications, EAP110-Outdoor is using 24V Passive PoE for power, but if I guessed correctly, your switch support Standard POE, right?

This is the point, they are not compatible, but EAP225-Outdoor supports Standard 802.3af/at POE, you can use it with your switch.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Will an EAP225-Outdoor work for me?-Solution
2023-02-16 09:09:38 - last edited 2023-02-17 04:39:15

Dear @AdamGeekeasy

AdamGeekeasy wrote

Then I have an 8 port switch which I'm going to be using to split the internet between some POE cameras and some device to provide internet outdoors.

Thanks for reporting this issue to TP-Link community.

The issue you are talking about is POE Compatible issue I think.

As mentioned in the Specifications, EAP110-Outdoor is using 24V Passive PoE for power, but if I guessed correctly, your switch support Standard POE, right?

This is the point, they are not compatible, but EAP225-Outdoor supports Standard 802.3af/at POE, you can use it with your switch.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Will an EAP225-Outdoor work for me?
2023-02-17 03:37:38

@AdamGeekeasy 

It sounds like your 'old apple router' was your first wifi test and that worked.  Great.

Next you plugged in the 110-outdoor and it didn't work. 

- Does than mean you couldn't see any network at all being broadcast?  If not, see below, otherwise by default the SSID is TPLINKxxxxx

- Did you connect the AP via the supplied passive POE power injector?  Monkeybrains-->Switch-->POE injector-->110-outdoor?

- Have you tried resetting the 110?  You can do this via the switch on the side of the supplied power injector

- If you log into the Monkeybrains router, can you see which devices are connected...and is one of them the 110-outdoor AP?

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Re:Will an EAP225-Outdoor work for me?
2023-02-17 04:40:44

@Hank21 Thanks.  This indirectly solved my problem.

It was a POE incompatibility issue.  I'm guessing the 225 would have worked, but I put a POE injector between the switch and the 110 and that solved my issue with it.  

The wifi is up and running now.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 229

Replies: 3

Related Articles