WAN connection error, unstable internet, packet loss

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-25 08:45:33 - last edited 2023-02-25 08:50:39
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.7

Good morning.

Recently I have been dealing with internet problems since they installed us GPON technology, I have never heard about it before. We have internet 1000/500, I didn't have any problems before even though we had 100/30. I had nice ping (cca 5-30), literally zero connection problems, no WAN connection error and everything was fast, faster than now.

Problems: Much more ping 

WAN connection error every day 

YouTube videos are lagging so much that I have to watch it in 480p

Packet loss around 20+% anytime

I have never got any problems with TP Link Archer C6, however since we got this extra router Huawei EG8145V5 APC | ONT | WiFi, 1x GPON, 4x RJ45 1000Mb/s, 1x RJ11, 2x USB, now we have 2 routers and I bought an ethernet cable or how it is called and connect it from the Huawei to the TP Link and since then I have got problems above. I am connected to the TP Link and so my LAN cable is connected to the 1000Mbps port and I still have problems. I have no clue where the problem can be or how to solve them.

Should I buy a new router or change the provider?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 182

Replies: 0

Related Articles