Any SDN controller configuration change requires force provision

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-27 13:04:01
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2

Any change I make to my configuration requires a 'force provision' of my ER 605 router. For instance, I change the DHCP range, or the online detection interval and as soon as I save I get a alert in the logs that the configuration of my router is different than the configuration in the controller. 

The configurations of device <DEVICE NAME> are different from the configurations from the controller. Go to Router-Manage Device Page and click Force Provision to synchronize the configurations of the device with the controller.

As a force provision causes downtime, I can't imagine this is the way things are supposed to work. How can I get this to behave better?

Thanks!

Options
8 Reply
Re:Any SDN controller configuration change requires force provision
2023-02-28 02:26:49

Hello @Deputy,

When did the issue start to happen, recently (working fine before) or from the initial setup of the controller or the router? For the downtime you mentioned, do you mean the network connection will drop for some time? If so, how long would the downtime last and what would you have to do to recover the connection?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-02-28 08:18:03

@Fae 

Hi, 

This has been the behaviour since I installed the equipment (have it since January). It is indeed the network (internet) connection that drops and it automatically recovers after a minute or so. 

Thank!

Options
2023-02-28 08:46:17

Hello @Deputy 

Have you tried hard reset the ER605 and re-adopt it on your Controller for further checking?

If not, please try it and see if it will still ask for a force provision when you change a setting.

For the timedown (network connection drop) you mentioned, it should be normal. A 'force provision' will issue the full configuration to the router and the network connection may drop for a while and quickly recover once it's done. And the provision will happen every time when you start the controller, the issue you reported in this post is as expected, you may keep the Controller running for use.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-03-01 07:53:02

@Fae 

As an update, I reset the router yesterday and that somehow bricked it. It doesn't give out IP addresses anymore, nor can I connect to 192.168.0.1 or .10. I will RMA it.

( I have tried taking off the power, holding reset, connecting power, waiting for the port ligths... I have tried multiple times, waiting long, short, with ethernet cables connected, without, but can't get it to work anymore)

Options
2023-03-01 09:16:11

Hello @Deputy 

The boot progress of the ER605 V2 may take some time, after you press the reset hole for about 5 seconds, did you wait some time (5 minutes) and check whether the SYS LED is light up and flashing or not?

If convenient, you may follow the guide below to try the emergency mode to recover the ER605 router.

How to use the Emergency Mode to recovery the firmware for Omada Gateways

Options
2023-03-01 12:26:01

@Fae 

thanks, yes, I did wait for about that time. The Sys light does not come on, nor does it blink. I also tried the reset proces you refer to and could not reach the device on 192.168.0.10 either.

Options
2023-03-03 08:44:25

Hello @Deputy 

Sorry to hear about that. Hope you get the warranty replacement soon!

Options
2023-03-03 13:44:35

@Deputy 

ER605 takes aaaaages to boot - without any lights indicating any activity.

Did you leave it alone for 10-20 mis already?

Options