Deco M4R not connecting to the nearest Deco M4R

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-01 03:29:14
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20210512 Rel. 39021

Hi,

I bought 3 Deco M4R, 1st Deco, Main Deco (Living Room), is connected to modem, 2nd Deco (Hallway) is connected to 1st Deco using wireless, my 3rd Deco (Bedroom) is the furthest and it always connect to the 1st Deco which is the furthest and the wireless signal is very weak.

I had tried this few methods but still no use:

- putting 3rd deco and 2nd deco beside one another, both deco will connect to the 1st deco.

- using the network optimization in the Deco App, 3rd Deco still connect to the 1st Deco

- using network cable to connect 2nd deco and 3rd deco, 3rd deco will connect to 2nd Deco but once cable is removed and reboot or network optimization is done, 3rd deco will connect to 1st deco again.

Please kindly advise, is there any way I could force 3rd Deco to connect to the 2nd Deco?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4R not connecting to the nearest Deco M4R
2023-03-01 14:59:23 - last edited 2023-03-01 15:15:09

@BryanKiwi 

In your case, the only way to force Deco 3 connect to Deco 2 is to place Deco 3 and Main Deco as far away from each other as possible. When Deco 3 can't connect to Main Deco at all, it'll try connecting to Deco 2.

Another option is to return M4 set and buy set of different Deco model which allows to configure how Deco should connect to each other. You have two options comparable to M4: Deco M5 with firmware 1.6 released and feature present and Deco M9 Plus with beta firmware already released and available, final version expected very soon.

This feature is also available for Deco M4 hardware version V4, but you listed V3. Double check that: if yours are M4(V4), there is beta firmware available for them with that feature.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 225

Replies: 1

Related Articles