Installing Archer AC73 to FTTP, ISP is Optus refusing to provide information

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-02 22:58:51
Tags: #new router installation
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

HI all really hoping for help here.
bought Archer AX73. 
went through instalation as I thought I have all relevant information. Could not finish setup as information at hand did not work
AT hand : original OPTUS WElcom letter with (Service info):
istallation date 2016

username

password

emailaddress

NBN port number
FTTP

also 
WIFI network name and password

Old modem(2016) sagemcom f@st3864OP works, poor wifi destribution, hence wanted to "upgrade".

during setup"Wizzard" IP00000, alst step always ending with no connection contact IPS.

OPTUS refusing to provide any further info, referring to TP-Link to help and get it sorted. No info needed accordingly to OPTUS
when trying manually my "old service password does not seem to allow access. 
Constantly red LED for internet on Archer73 WIFI and Ethernet LED green.

Done "comand prompt" confirming dynamic IP enabled "yes"

Have called TP-Link (Sandy) she explained I need a new passowrd from OPTUS otherwise she cannot help me which OPTUS is not providing.
I  made screeshots from the old modem "device info",etc and send it via email to Sandy (TP-Link) is that providing sufficent details for the new set up?

I have a feeling like beeing forced(blackmailed) to purchase a new modem at OPTUS.

Did I bought the wrong router for FFTP(not unsing the home phone)?
Anyone any ideas how to solve the issue?

Cheers

Options
3 Reply
Re:Installing Archer AC73 to FTTP, ISP is Optus refusing to provide information
2023-03-03 05:08:04 - last edited 2023-03-03 05:12:45

@svenWA 

Having said that you're using FTTP service from Optus, it seems that the network protocol encapsulation should be IPoE, which in terms of TP-Link should correspond to Dynamic IP.

That is according to their Setting up your BYO modem: https://www.optus<dot>com<dot>au/for-you/support/answer?id=20220 (Configuration section).

When configuring AX73 use its blue (WAN port) to connect your red cable, which is plugged in the red Fiber port on sagemcom f@st3864OP now.

In AX73 user interface use the Advanced => Quick Setup:

'Dynamic IP' should be recognized, then click on Next to continue AX73 settings.

Some user reports say that you may need to clone the sagemcom f@st3864OP MAC address into the AX73:

Click on Save and then check if you have successfully received an IP address on the AX73 Internet port:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-03-03 22:37:28

@terziyski 

Thank you for your input.

Was in touch with Optus yesterday.

To obtain the info i needed.

I now have  :

-static Ip

- been provided with a confirmed username bur no password

-Ipv4 address

- primary&secondry DNS

Can I still go ahead with your recommendation?

I still haven't got a password to set up PPOE( SYATIC IP)

CHEERS

SVEN

Options
2023-03-04 08:15:44

@svenWA 

For a PPPoE encapsulation you'll need a username and password. But from an Optus FTTP service description, I would say that you should go ahead and test what I've posted.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 649

Replies: 3

Tags

new router installation
Related Articles