Ddns to link service only and ip mismatch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-07 09:51:25 - last edited 2023-03-07 11:47:42
Tags: #DDNS
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.15 Build 20221111 Rel. 77798

Firstly, the Deco DDNS Setup instructions mention you can choose the DDNS service. Through the deco app currently I only have the switch for TP-Link DDNS. 

Secondly, even if I reboot the main router, 

nslookup of the TP Link DDNS address differs from the internet ip shown on the connection settings. 

Funny enough, on reboot I noticed the ddns ip did change from one 102 address to another but the actual ip address on the router itself is a 100 address.

Basically I'm tying to port forward ssh externally.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Ddns to link service only and ip mismatch
2023-03-08 02:44:10

@Elfstones 

Hi, May I know who is your internet service provider?

I see some service providers might use CG-NAT on their networks:

CG-NAT Blocks my OpenVPN and restricks the NAT type

Best regards.

Options
Re:Ddns to link service only and ip mismatch
2023-04-26 01:11:45 - last edited 2023-04-26 01:12:04

@David-TP 

Hi, Thanks for the message.

I see the Linksys WRT-1900ACS supports OpenWRT and I think additional configurations might have been done on the Linksys.

And I noticed you mentioned the internet connection type on Deco is PPPOE, most of time, PPPOE could get a public IP address but it seemed like you still get a private one-the 100 ips on IPv4 on Deco. I hope you could check with South Africa's Webafrica to see whether they could provide a public IP address or open the related ports on ISP gateway for Deco X60.

By the way, May I know what you set up TP-Link DDNS for, remotely accessing a local server?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 244

Replies: 2

Tags

Related Articles