Wireless devices not working with wired devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-15 11:19:01 - last edited 2023-03-15 12:32:53
Tags: #DHCP
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

I recently purchased a three Deco package to sort out the poor wifi from my router (Plusnet). One Deco is wired to the router (wifi is disabled on the router), with two other Decos connecting to it via wifi as expected. My printer is connected via wifi and works just fine from wifi connected computers.

I also have a switch connected to the router for some wired devices, including a desktop computer. When I try to print, the wired devices can't find the printer. A little bit of digging and I found that the DHCP on the router is assigning IP addresses 192.168.1.64 to 192.168.1.199 with subnet mask 255.255.0.0 and the Deco network is assigning addresses 172.16.0.*  netmask 255.255.252.0.

I cannot find anywhere in the Deco app or the web page for the Deco system to set this DHCP range or to change any of the configuration. I can't even see what range is being assigned so I can manually set my router DHCP to avoid the Deco range. How do I get wired devices to see the wifi printer?

Cheers

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wireless devices not working with wired devices-Solution
2023-03-15 11:52:43 - last edited 2023-03-15 12:32:53

@TreeHugger 

If you want devices wired to the router see printer which is connected to Deco, you will need to change Deco mesh mode to Access Point. In that mode all your devices will be on the same IP segment managed by the router and this will resolve issue you described.

See How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Wireless devices not working with wired devices-Solution
2023-03-15 11:52:43 - last edited 2023-03-15 12:32:53

@TreeHugger 

If you want devices wired to the router see printer which is connected to Deco, you will need to change Deco mesh mode to Access Point. In that mode all your devices will be on the same IP segment managed by the router and this will resolve issue you described.

See How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Wireless devices not working with wired devices
2023-03-15 12:30:20 - last edited 2023-03-15 12:30:58

Hi Alexandre, Thank you! I have now found out how to do that and will be making the change soon. I need to properly plan the network and do a bit of rewiring, but it will be great to have all the fixed devices working with a thought-out system rather than the smart DHCP which seems to have a mind of its own!

Kind regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 216

Replies: 2

Tags

DHCP
Related Articles