Create a mesh from two RE305 range extenders

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-26 15:25:16
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi,
Does anyone know if I can I use two RE305s to create a wifi mesh? Or do I need a router that has mesh ability?

A friend of mine has poor wifi in parts of their upper floor and I have a spare RE305 so I was wondering if we could get another RE305, turn off the wifi from their (old) router, connect one of the RE305s by ethernet cable to the router as an Access Point and then create a mesh with the other one?

I realise that we could just use the RE305 as an extender, but we'd like to have only a single SSID and also this would be the lowest cost option if it can be done.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Create a mesh from two RE305 range extenders
2023-03-30 02:37:37

@Renegade8403 

Hi, two range extenders could work together, and it is also okay to set them to be the same SSID but they are unable to create a OneMesh network, because the OneMesh function need to use among a OneMesh router and OneMesh extender(s). 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 296

Replies: 1

Related Articles