3rd Deco shows offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

3rd Deco shows offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
3rd Deco shows offline
3rd Deco shows offline
2023-03-27 13:52:02
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.5 Build 20230110 Rel. 41561

Hello,

I had to reset the mesh system due to modem issues and now i can only connect 2 out 3 deco's. The 3 rd deco gets connected, but when i relocate it to a different floor, it shows offline. i've done a reboot but that does not help. Please advise.

Options
13 Reply
Re:3rd Deco shows offline
2023-03-27 15:42:09 - last edited 2023-03-27 15:42:40

@moo_tada 

It is possible that 3rd Deco is too far from Main Deco to connect to, or your 3rd Deco experienced hardware issue. If you bring your 2nd Deco to that same place on a different floor, where 3rd Deco shows offline, will 2nd Deco stay connected?

Options
2023-03-27 16:09:37

@Alexandre. Hello,

i do not think this is a hardware issue as i've interchanged the decos and it works fine. I just tried moving the 2nd deco to the 3rd deco location and it shows online. Also, the 3rd deco location has been been the same since last year. After the modem reset, the 3rd deco does not work.

Options
2023-03-27 16:18:57 - last edited 2023-03-27 16:19:38

@moo_tada 

You have two Satellite Deco side by side, one shows as connected to Main Deco and another shows as offline. 

Please do the following for me:

Bring both Satellite Deco to where they both can connect and both show as online. Make sure they are close to each other about 1 meter apart, in same room.

Then, make and share screenshots of Show Map and Show List from the app, examples:

Then, for both 2nd Deco and for 3rd Deco share screnshots of their info page, example:

Of course, please specify which Deco name corresponds to 2nd Deco and which -  to 3rd Deco.

The purpose of this exercise is to try to find if there are any differences between 2rd and 3rd Decos, and for that they should be in the place where they can both connect to Main Deco.

Options
2023-03-27 17:05:46

Alexandre. wrote

@moo_tada 

You have two Satellite Deco side by side, one shows as connected to Main Deco and another shows as offline. 

Bring both Satellite Deco to where they both can connect and both show as online. Make sure they are close to each other about 1 meter apart, in same room.

Then, make and share screenshots of Show Map and Show List from the app, examples:

Then, for both 2nd Deco and for 3rd Deco share screnshots of their info page, example:

Of course, please specify which Deco name corresponds to 2nd Deco and which -  to 3rd Deco.

The purpose of this exercise is to try to find if there are any differences between 2rd and 3rd Decos, and for that they should be in the place where they can both connect to Main Deco.

Alexandre. wrote

@moo_tada 

Hello @Alexandre. ,

Please see below:

1st Deco = 1st Floor

2nd Deco = 2nd Floor

3rd Deco = Ground Floor

I've moved the 3rd Deco to the 1st Floor location and it shows offline. Tried refreshing it several times, did not work.

Moved the 2nd Deco to the 1st Floor location, shows online.

I've been trying to add the 3rd Deco again, but has failed several times now. please advise.

Options
2023-03-27 18:19:33 - last edited 2023-03-27 18:38:38

@moo_tada 

From screenshots you provided I can see that the status of your 3rd Deco is not OFFLINE. You have removed 3rd Deco from your Deco mesh. This was supposed to reset 3rd Deco and make it available for adding back to Deco mesh. If 3rd Deco was off or not connected to Deco mesh when you deleted it from Deco app, that may be a problem.

Bring 3rd Deco to where Main Deco is and place it approximately 1 meter (3 feet) away from Main Deco. Power on 3rd Deco. Wait for about 5 minutes. What is the color of the LED light on the top of 3rd Deco:

1. If color is Blue Pulse, Deco is ready for setup. You should be able to add it back to Deco mesh, using Deco app.

2. If color is Red, try 3rd Deco reset, with unit powered on: "Press the Reset button which on the bottom of the Deco unit for 1s to reset it."

If you fail to reset Deco by either removing the unit on the Deco app or pressing the reset button for one second, it's recommended to unplug the Deco unit and then plug it back, wait two minutes and then reset it again.

Options
2023-03-27 18:38:42

@Alexandre. Hello,

i've tried these already and could not connect. I had to start from scratch, please see below:

Options
2023-03-27 18:42:04

@moo_tada 

You have all three Deco units up and online, that is great.

Is everything good now?

Options
2023-03-28 07:34:47

@Alexandre. Sorry i thought i responded to this. It shows red all across, all offline :P

Options
2023-03-28 07:45:00
Options
2023-03-28 08:20:51 - last edited 2023-03-28 10:46:38

@Alexandre.  

Had to setup network from scratch, now 2nd and 3rd Deco show offline:

After reboot, main deco and 2nd deco online, but 3rd deco (ground floor) shows offline,even after rebooting:

Please note, al three deco's are now on the same floor and less than a meter apart

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 607

Replies: 13

Related Articles