Losing Connection on Satelite M4. But not main Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-28 14:47:30
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have 6 x M4 Deco Units in my home. The main unit is connected to a Virgin Media Tivo Box, and works fine.

The one in my sons bedroom that is connected to his PS5 via an ethernet cable also works fine.

The other 4 Satellite Units all keep dropping the connection and flash red. I've tried resetting them, and whilst they go through the reconnection process (flashing blue etc.), they just revert to  disconnecting and flashing red.

I've had both sets of 3 for less than 12 months, and this has been an ongoing problem. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Losing Connection on Satelite M4. But not main Deco
2023-03-28 15:30:41

@Daimorgan1968 

Have you checked that you maybe placed these Satellite Deco too far from Main Deco? If Satellite Deco can't establish link to Main Deco, due to distance/obstacles/interference it will flash red.

Run an experiment: take one of Satellites that most often go flashing red, bring it to same room as Main Deco, place them 1-2 meters (3-6 feet) from each other and see if that Satellite Deco is stable now.

Options
2023-03-28 16:23:35

@Alexandre. Yes, I bring them into the same room to set them up. Still makes no difference. 

Options
2023-03-28 16:24:18

Main Deco is the one by the Hippo Lamp.

Options
2023-03-28 20:51:39

@Daimorgan1968 

When these Satellites that are near Main Deco have connection to it, what does it show in Show List in Deco app? Do they have good links to Main Deco?

Example:

Options