Wifi range extender does not show up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-11 17:03:48
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

my range extender when plug in the light just turns into Red after linking with green lights. And it does not show up in my wifi so impossible to connect with it,

Please help ! thanks a lot

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wifi range extender does not show up
2023-04-12 04:12:33

@graceca 

Hi, do you mean the signal LED on the extender is solid red? If so, it means the extender is experiencing poor signal strength, please try relocating it closer to your router.

Besides, for the WiFi signal of your extender, may I know if you configured the extender Wi-Fi name the same as your router? If so, it is normal that you cannot see the extender WiFi, please connect to your router WiFi network and check if the signal strength is improved. If there is no improvement, it is recommended to set up the extender again and give it a different name so that you could tell which is the router Wi-Fi and which is the extender.

Options
2023-04-17 10:38:02

@Sunshine 

I have try putting it right next to the wifi router it is still showing solid red after blinking .

I have set up the extender previously in my old place and it got set up ok, there is a chance that the extender name got set up the same as the old wifi name. and then once i moved its not working again. I try to reset the extender and long press the button but just keeps showing red. please help!

Options
2023-04-18 11:47:09

@graceca 

Hi, if you unplug the extender, then connect a smartphone to your router WiFi, is the signal strong with full bars when you are next to the router?

Besides, to reset the TL-WA855RE, please leave the extender powered on, use a pin to press the RESET button for 1 second. The extender will reset and reboot, please check if there is any response when you reset it, and whether the signal LED on the extender will turn off after the reset.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 487

Replies: 3

Related Articles