Choose preffered deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Choose preffered deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Choose preffered deco
Choose preffered deco
2023-04-17 09:22:25
Tags: #Problem
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.6.5 20230110 Rel. 41561
Hi I want to specifically connect a Deco M5 to another assigned deco M5. It now does this automatically, but I want to set it manually because it always chooses the wrong one. I have 5 of these Deco M5 devices and want to set them all up manually

When I go to devices in the Deco 3.0 IOS app, then select the device. Then click on the desired connection and then switch the slider, it immediately says 'saving the settings failed. Try again later'

How can this be solved? I really feel the urge to return the products :(

Tried:
- Updating to Deco 3.0 IOS app
- Firmware update on all deco
- Rebooted devices
- Removed all devices and added them again
- Different phone
- Different admin account on Deco app
Options
3 Reply
Re:Choose preffered deco
2023-04-17 14:23:12

@sanderbaeten 

I saw that error message for Deco mesh that has a mix of different Deco models. Do you have Deco other than M5 in your Deco mesh, for example M4?

Options
2023-04-17 16:25:02

@Alexandre. 

Yes, I have 3x TP-Link P9 (Powerline) and 5x TP-Link M5

Options
2023-04-17 16:33:53

@sanderbaeten 

That explains it. You must have all Deco units in your mesh supporting "preferred signal selection." With the mix of those that do and don't, you'll be getting error message you described. I've seen it more than once already, while helping other people.

You may need to delete P9s from your Deco mesh if you want to make signal source selection feature work for M5s.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 326

Replies: 3

Tags

Problem
Related Articles