Re300 and Tether

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Re300 and Tether

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Re300 and Tether
Re300 and Tether
2023-04-23 21:51:11
Model: RE300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I have two RE300 extenders working for me in my SOHO location and homeworker office.

I have got them setup successfully and have been using the Tether app to manage them.

However, I have now installed Tether v4.1.3 and can no longer see my RE300 extenders.

They are also not listed on the compatible devices list.

I cannot seem to manage them at all now, as tplinkextender.net does not work either.

I can get to the internet ok through them, as I am doing now.

How can I manage the RE300 extenders I have without resetting them? Can Tether app be updated to support them?

Kind regards Tony 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Re300 and Tether
2023-04-23 22:37:09
One RE300 firmware version One RE300 found.

Hi all,

Tether app has just found one of my RE300 range extenders.

Thoughts?

Kind regards Tony 

Options
Re:Re300 and Tether
2023-04-25 03:36:19

@Tonygibbs16 

RE300 is compatible with the Tether App, may I know if your two RE300 are connected to the same router network? 

Please make sure your phone is connected to the extender network, turn off mobile data of the phone, then check if the Tether App could find the corresponding RE300. And if they have the same WiFi name, you might not be able to tell which extender WiFi you are connected, please try to unplug one extender to check one by one.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 349

Replies: 2

Related Articles