Now you might think that I'm dumb

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-04 03:59:38
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WN821N

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : windows 8 x64 beta drivers

ISP :

I buy one wifi adapter tl-wn821n, but I cannot connect to my personal wifi network.
Then I buy second wifi adapter tl-wn821n and again cannot connect.
Then I buy thirdly wifi adapter tl-wn821n and again cannot connect.

Тhe whole time I was thinking that the adapters are defective.

Then I thing that the problem is in my router.
Then I buy new phone to test my router. I buy Samsung Galaxy S2 with android OS, I try to connect and at the first time I connect successfully. OK. If my new phone make connection with my router, but my computers want to connect, than this mean that problem is in TP-link adapters.

At the end of this message I will send to you settings that I use in my router.
I want to tell you that I notice that I see my network SSID, but cannot connect.

Now you might think that I'm dumb or liar. I post to you picture of me with my 3 wifi adapters at the end of this message you will find links to my files. This I thing will prove to you that I am not liar. Of course this will not prove to anybody that I am not stupid.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Now you might think that I'm dumb
2013-08-04 20:48:57
Hello,

With 40MHz, primary channel 11 + Lower is not possible, only Upper is possible which means channel 7 for the secondary (extension).

Lower or Upper means the primary is lower or upper than the secondary (secondary = primary + 4 for Lower, or secondary = primary - 4 for Upper)...
Options
2013-08-04 21:32:47

HiSpeed wrote

Hello,

With 40MHz, primary channel 11 + Lower is not possible, only Upper is possible which means channel 7 for the secondary (extension).

Lower or Upper means the primary is lower or upper than the secondary (secondary = primary + 4 for Lower, or secondary = primary - 4 for Upper)...

All right. Why then have no problem to connect with my phone galaxy s2 ?
Options
2013-08-05 04:41:18
Why can’t I connect to a network?
Applies to Windows 8, Windows RT
On this page
Use an automated troubleshooter
Review suggested solutions
Check your hardware
Update drivers

A lot of variables are involved when you connect to a network: cables, network adapters, drivers and routers. So troubleshooting network connection problems can be challenging. This article can help you find and fix problems with wired (Ethernet) and wireless (WiFi) network connections. Some common problems are:

A wireless network adapter switch is turned off

Flight mode is turned on

Disconnected or improperly connected cables

Incorrect WEP, WPA or WPA2 security keys or passphrases

Mismatched wireless standards

Missing updates

Incorrect network connection settings

Damaged or incompatible drivers

Hardware or software problems
Options
2013-08-05 12:47:20
You have no problem with your Galaxy because either your router uses a wrong denomination (lower instead of upper), or your Galaxy works only with one channel...

By the way, why are you screaming?
Options
2013-08-06 00:31:38
I can not believe that ddwrt have some problems. I want to read official answer from TP-LINK?
What they thing? I set my router to use low and upper but still no any luck.

I send many messages for support. At this time support is zero. Not any answers.
Other problem that I notice is that wifi randomly drop when I use intensively.

For that reason I will never buy from TP-LINK.

I do not understate why driver for Windows 8 x64 is still BETA?
Where is chef of TP-LINK wifi LABORATORY and testing?

This adapter can not work correct with W8 x64.

Where is Utility client for Windows 8 x64 for tplink adapter. Not have at all. Why?
Why this adapter not have certificate for full support of Windows 8?

Please tplink fix this problems. I agree to pay more but to have item/goods that work.

See what happens in a hot topic. TP-LINK indirectly blaming ddwrt in staggering incompetence.

Finally, who is to blame?
DDWRT or TPLINK?

Apparently I never have to find out soon if any of ddwrt not protect him self.

May be must blame this dude
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAgBsEBq5e8&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL9tY0BWXOZFtPWSLsOnA4xcekAFShRSp_

At least he is not hiding like tplink support
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 366

Replies: 5