Can't connect to a DNS server which is behind a range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-30 03:42:59 - last edited 2023-04-30 03:55:25
Model: RE505X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.12 Build 20211107 Rel. 182157

My main router is a Deco P9 and I am using a RE505X as a "client mode" 

With client mode, it can connect to a wired device and works as a wireless adapter to receive wireless signal from your wireless network.

I am just using the 5 GHZ band to connect to the Deco P9 Wifi and I disable the extended network. Also the RE505X obtains an IP address automatically, the DHCP server is off as well as the access control. Everything is handle by the Deco P9.

I have a switch connected to the RE505X Ethernet port and all the devices connected to the switch have internet access but if i want to connect to the devices that are behind the RE505X from the Deco P9 Wifi it is not possible.

I also used an Archer 80 router in wireless distribution system (WDS) mode, but it happens the same.

Finally,  instead of using the RE505X, temporally I place another P9 with the switch and I was able to connect, but i don't want to use another Deco (I don't need the wifi and it can be turn off)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't connect to a DNS server which is behind a range extender
2023-05-04 09:01:45

@carvacs 

Hi, 

1. Please disconnect the switch from the RE505X, just connect a client device to the RE505X via Ethernet cable, then check if the device on Deco P9 Wi-Fi could access the wired client device of RE505X or not

2. If it doesn't work, please try to ping the IP address of the wired client device behind RE505X to see if ping works

3. If it still doesn't work, please let me know the IP address and default gateway of each device

4. What kind of devices are behind the RE505X? and how do you usually access them? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 246

Replies: 1

Related Articles