AC1750 Universal Dual Band Range Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-02 07:50:30

It's been suggested to me that the AC1750 Universal Dual Band Range Extender will do what I need, namely to pick up a wifi signal from a Powerline extender, and so enable me to have wifi in a different circuit within my house. Is that the case? I can't find any specific reference to this in the product info, but I'm not too familiar with the terminology.

(The second circuit is a long way from the router.)

Options
4 Reply
Re:AC1750 Universal Dual Band Range Extender
2023-05-04 09:41:54

@Gareth_Glyn 

Hi, AC1750 is actually not a model number, do you know the model number of the range extender?

Besides, wireless range extenders don't require to work within the same electrical circuit because they don't communicate via powerline at all. However, the range extender needs to receive a good Wi-Fi signal first as an internet source, thus it must be within the Wi-Fi coverage of your router or another extender.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-04 10:35:01

@Sunshine This was it - https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/range-extender/re450/ - but I suppose it could be discontinued by now, and I'd value any advice regarding one that's suitable. Thank you for your guidance - it's very encouraging that a range extender doesn't have to be within range of the actual router, as my hope is that it will pick up from the furthest Powerline extender (the one at the 'border' between one mains circuit and the other). Gareth

Options
2023-05-05 02:48:31

@Gareth_Glyn 

Hi, the model number in the link is RE450 which is still available now, you could consider to purchase it to extend WiFi range of your another powerline extender.

Note: since the range extender needs to communicate with the powerline extender and also client devices, and transformation would make the speed slower, so it is normal that the range extender speed is not as fast as the powerline extender.
The range extender is to kill the dead-end of your house, so the signal strength in the area where there was no signal will be improved. But since it needs to get the receiving signal from the powerline extender, the speed depends on the quality of the receiving signal.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-05 07:13:35

@Sunshine Many thanks for a helpful and informative reply. Gareth

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 533

Replies: 4

Related Articles