12-year-old son bypassing parental controls on Theter app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-07 22:30:43 - last edited 2023-10-24 03:33:53
Tags: #HomeShield #Theter
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20230303 rel.35540

Hi.

Here at home I use the AX73 router + Theter app, restricting my children's internet use to 5 hours a day.
Lately I've noticed that my 12 year old is able to use the internet for longer.
Analyzing calmly. I noticed that it can change the MAC address of the (wired) network card and bypass parental controls. I noticed, because the computer name remains the same, changing only the mac address.
I add the new MAC address, which blocks his access, but then he creates another one.

Would it be possible to control the terminal's access, too, using the terminal's name on the network?

How to solve it?

Options
2 Reply
Re:12-year-old son bypassing parental controls on Theter app
2023-07-11 21:02:38

@Dilbert25 turn on whitelist based on Mac addresses, so only you inserted devices can connect. Then if he changes Mac address, he will not get allowed to connect to network and will have to roll back to normal Mac.

Options
Re:12-year-old son bypassing parental controls on Theter app
2023-08-22 14:04:46
Hi i had simular with my 13 year old, but he was using a vpn on his pc tower. he would activate the vpn before his time bedtime extra time would run out and bypass the time routines aswell as the parental age restriction blockages.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 528

Replies: 2

Tags

Related Articles