RE450 can not connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE450 can not connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
RE450 can not connect
RE450 can not connect
2023-05-10 11:44:04
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: RE450(EU)_V3_201203

It works very fast and steady. It worths it's money but we expect better stability in the firmware.

Recently i faced an issue with my range extender re450. Once i bought the extender, i install it and it was working perfectly till one day that we moved to another house.

Once i connect it to my new house everything working normally but after few hours i could not connect to the internet and it says that currently the wi-fi which i was in connect no have internet access.

Then i wend near to my rooter and i aw that i had normal internet access.

I did many times restart even i try to upgrade the firmware with success but still i have the same issue.

Please assist.

Options
5 Reply
Re:RE450 can not connect
2023-05-11 03:30:55

@Mnikhforoy01 

Hi, please check and confirm if the extender is plugged in proper location, if it is too far from your router or receives weak signal from the router, please move it closer to your router.

How to confirm whether my range extender is successfully configured and in the best location

If the problem still exists, please check LED status on the extender when it happens again, and also confirm if it will recover automatically after a few seconds or minutes, or you have to restart the extender to get internet again.

By the way, may I know if your extender is configured to have the same WiFi name as your router? If so, it is recommanded to change its WiFi name to a new different one for troubleshooting purpose so that you could tell which network you are actually connected, then check if the same client device could still connects and get internet access from your router when the extender loses internet access.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-11 05:08:39

@Sunshine 

Hello sunshine. Thanks for the answer. 
the extender even if I move it closer I have the same issue. The same issue has my big brother and one other friend.

Led status all are on and seems that is connected normally but nothing. I have to make restart again but after some minutes the same issue.

yes the extender has the same name with my router. Like this was working for about three years and when I moved from my last last home, I connect it to my new house for some days was ok but after I could not connect.

Options
2023-05-12 07:51:55

@Mnikhforoy01 

Hi, when the problem happens again, please connect a computer to the RE450 network (if you are unable to tell whether it is router WiFi or extended WiFi, please connect via Ethernet cable), then check IP address and default gateway of the computer:

How to find IP address on your devices

If the default gateway of the computer is still your router, please also try to ping the router LAN IP address on the computer to see if ping still works:

How to Use the Ping Command

By the way, may I know if your router is always the same one in the new home and previous home? and what is the model number of the current router?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-12 08:04:07

@Sunshine 

Hi, I will try to do them. But maybe I can get some help remotely from to link experts?

The router changed to my new home. But at the beginning it worked but after few days failed.

model of router is sercomm speed port plus 2

Options
2023-05-15 06:48:44

@Mnikhforoy01 

Hi, when the problem happens, you could contact the local technical support such as hotline support, please check the contact information based on your region on the following website:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 809

Replies: 5

Related Articles