Deco x20 (eu) v4 - signal source selection problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-11 09:08:55
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

hey guys

I bought a deco x20 mesh wifi 6 system. i connected the main deco unit to the router, placed it in the living room, and placed the other two slave deco units in the kitchen and the other one in the bedroom.

my bedroom deco unit is still connecting to the main deco unit and not connecting to the kitchen unit. the kitchen slave deco is more close to the bedroom than the main deco unit. 

tried to update firmware for all of the three units and this is not helping.

how can i make a manual signal source selection so that my deko unit in the bedroom connects to that unit situated in the kitchen?

thank you very much

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco x20 (eu) v4 - signal source selection problem
2023-05-11 14:49:44 - last edited 2023-05-11 19:01:22

@jawadecox20 

You can't do that with Deco X20 yet. 

What does backhaul WiFi signal level show for each of Satellite Deco? Here is an example:

Bedroom Deco has good WiFi backhaul to Main Deco.

In some cases it makes sense for Satellite Deco to connect to faraway Main Deco instead of nearby Satellite Deco. See  https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/3190/

Options
Re:Deco x20 (eu) v4 - signal source selection problem
2023-05-13 07:25:50

@Alexandre. 

i tired to move slave deco units around the house, and succeded to connect slave units with them selvs. but the problem remained that i had low internet speed because of the distance between the units.

afterall i connected all units through an ethernet cable because its the best solution to maintain the internet speed high.

thanks for helping.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 408

Replies: 2

Related Articles