It keeps saying my password is incorrect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-15 17:14:49

I'm using the same password but it keeps saying it's incorrect

Options
5 Reply
Re:It keeps saying my password is incorrect
2023-05-16 03:33:20

@Clare76 

Does it happen when you connect the extended WiFi network, or when you login the extender via web interface or Tether App?

Please note that the default WiFi network of range extender is open, no password required, and after configuration, it will have the same wireless password as your router.

Regarding the login password, it is either admin by default, or created by yourself for the first time login, if admin doesn't work and no other possible password, please reset the extender to factory defaults by holding reset button/hole until all LEDs turn on momentarily.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-21 14:52:32
My password is incorret
Options
2023-05-21 14:53:30

Clare76 wrote

I'm using the same password but it keeps saying it's incorrect

@Clare76 

Options
2023-05-21 14:53:53
Options
2023-05-22 08:38:05

@Qummumbaban 

Could you please let us what kind of password do you mean?
1. If you mean the login password of your TP-Link device, it is suggested for you to use admin in lower case to check. However, if admin cannot work, please reset your TP-Link device to default settings by pressing and holding the reset button for 10s. 
2. If you mean the password of your TP-Link ID, please reset the password on the following web link:
https://www.tplinkcloud.com/forgotpassword.php
3. If you mean the WiFi password of your TP-Link extender, please note that its wifi password is the same as your router after you set it up, so please use the wifi password of your main router to have a try.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 913

Replies: 5

Related Articles