Deco X20 - Connectivity Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-16 09:25:09
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I have a Virgin router (Modem only mode), connected to a Asus Router and connected to this is Deco X20 of which i have three around the house

Issues i am having, my work laptop connects to the system via VPN using Cisco AnyConnect.  If i connect using the Deco Wifi SSN, i get dropouts at random intervals where i have to restart the computer to connect.  Also happens when i connect via Ethernet to the X20 node located in my office.  Same is happening to my wife's work computer but their connection system is a bit different but from what i can guess at, its via a VPN gateway as well.

Xbox is also showing as an issue with Double NAT.  I am guessing this is potentially the issue that may solve all issues.  I have heard port-forwarding mentioned as well and i don't really know which point to start with because i feel all of them will 'work' but i just need a solution process that will solve our issues

TIA

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X20 - Connectivity Issues
2023-05-16 11:33:06

@AntMUFC 

The double NAT error on XBox means it connects through two routers: Asus and Main Deco. The fix for that is quite simple: configure Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode. See How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

You are correct in assuming that this fix may fix other issues you see with Deco mesh.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 312

Replies: 1

Related Articles