X50 ethernet not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

X50 ethernet not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
X50 ethernet not working
X50 ethernet not working
2023-05-16 09:55:53
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have purchased 4 X50 stations. Nr.1 is the main, connected to my router and is working correct. Nr. 2 is connected over ethernet and is also working fine, Nr. 3 is connected via wifi and is also working fine. But nr. 4 is connected over a ethernet cable but according to the app it is using wifi connection to the main station. Ethernet cable is correctly fitted, lights are blinking so there seems to be a connection. Resetting did not work, I resetted the whole system, did not work. I disconnected the slave station and resetted and reinstalled that, did not work. Does someone have any clue to solve this?

Cheers

Ronald

Options
2 Reply
Re:X50 ethernet not working
2023-05-16 11:39:17

@RonaldRSC 

See this document that discusses how Deco units must be connected to use Ethernet backhaul: General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

If that document does not help, you'll need to tell to where Deco #4 is connected with Ethernet cable and perhaps draw a simple network diagram.

Options
Re:X50 ethernet not working
2023-05-16 16:48:31

@Alexandre. 

Thanks for your reply, your document was helpful, I created a star network now and that helped.

At first I connected all three ethernet stations to my internetsupplier delivered modem/switch, after adding a separate switch in between the master and the slaves, the problem was solved.

I was a bit confused because I migrated from 3 Deco M5 stations and they were connected as I tried in the first place and they were working well, so I thought that should be the case for the X50 as well.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Ronald

Options