Connection probelms

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connection probelms

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connection probelms
Connection probelms
2023-05-19 17:58:30
Model: RE605X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20210507 Rel. 151958

Hello, about a month ago I got this range extender, it is a really good device and it has absolutely made my Internet a whole lot better but there's a problem. If I leave my phone with the wifi on and not use it for some while, the wifi will not work but if I close and re open the wifi it works just fine. And it happens to all devices that are connected to the wifi. I believe that this problem is happening because there is a feature that's called "Save Clients' Battery Power' I don't know if this only happens to me . Is there any chance that you could make a new firmware update to fix this problem? Or is my extender defective and I should return it? Oh and about the hardware version option idk if I am correct so I'll post the extenders box.

picture Caption

Options
7 Reply
Re:Connection probelms
2023-05-22 07:30:26

@Aggelosm 

Hi, may I know if the issue happens only on the extended WiFi? Please connect to your router WiFi directly to see if there will be the same issue.

By the way, the hardware version is correct, which is V1.0 based on the box.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-22 14:52:59

@Sunshine Hello, I can confirm this only happens on the range extender. I've never experienced that problem with the main router. 

Sunshine wrote

@Aggelosm 

Hi, may I know if the issue happens only on the extended WiFi? Please connect to your router WiFi directly to see if there will be the same issue.

By the way, the hardware version is correct, which is V1.0 based on the box.

Options
2023-05-24 08:27:23

@Aggelosm 

Hi, may I know the brand and model number of the wireless client devices that are having this issue when connected to extended network?

Those client devices are always within the range of the RE605X but not using for some time, right? when you try to start using them again, WiFi still shows connected to extended network but no internet access?

Besides, is the extended WiFi name the same as your router? If so, it is recommanded to customize the extended network name to be different from your router so that we could tell which is which easily for troubleshooting purpose.

If it is indeed connected to extended network but no internet, please check IP address and default gateway on the client device to see if they are still assigned by the router or not: How to find IP address on your devices

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-24 12:20:13 - last edited 2023-05-24 12:45:01

@Sunshine Hello, the wifi name is not the same as the main router ans for the connected devices are a Samsung TV an iPhone 13 Pro max a galaxy a33 and a galaxy 12 happening on all those devices. Is there ant chance you could make a new firmware to fix this? I contacted with the tp link service too and they told me to reset my extender and set it up on the site tplinkrepeeater.net and not on the tether app and maybe I could find the setting and turn it off but there's no such setting

Options
2023-05-25 02:37:24

@Aggelosm 

Hi, there is indeed no such function/settings on the extender, since the issue only happens with extended network, we would like to escalate your case to the support engineers, and they will help follow it up, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.    

Options
2023-05-25 14:25:45

@Sunshine Hello, I am willing to do further analysis but do you mean my email inbox or my messages on tp link account ? On both of these platforms I haven't gotten an email or message 

Options
2023-05-26 06:20:08

@Aggelosm 

I mean email inbox, I checked your case and noticed that you've already replied, so it seems that you've received it finally.

If the problem still exists, please reply the email again to continue troubleshooting with our engineers.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 495

Replies: 7

Related Articles