An unknown company name show as my family number after 1st day I install Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-20 00:57:04
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

I am located in Taiwan, and I just bought TP-Link Deco 68, after I installed it yesterday, I found an unknown company name shown as my family member. The company name is SHENXHEN CHUANGWEI-RGB and Mac address: 60-42-7F-76-CC-CD, I blocked it today. Does anyone have similar experience? And know who the company is and how he can enter my Mesh?

Options
1 Reply
Re:An unknown company name show as my family number after 1st day I install Mesh
2023-05-20 13:00:40 - last edited 2023-05-20 13:01:06

@Dp-05202023_T 

You probably realized by now that one of your TVs lost access to the Internet after you blocked that MAC address.

"Shenzhen Chuangwei-RGB Electronics Co., Ltd. offers research and development, manufacture and sales of televisions. They have also won awards for their remote controls"

It is also common to have network card report not the name of computer, but the name of card manufacturer. For example, if you have Acer PC with third party network card, you may see it in Deco app not as ACER but as a name of a company which produced network card.

If you need to guess what device MAC address belongs too, Google for "MAC Address Lookup" to find web sites which will get info on that MAC address.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 213

Replies: 1

Related Articles