Deco M4 (x3) drops from 1Gbps to 100Mbps (need to restart every time) (Wired)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-21 18:31:26
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

Good Evening everybody,

Since a while i have 3 Deco M4 Mesh routers. I have a 1Gbps connection and i have connected the modem to the main Deco M4 router, and then via the Deco i have a switched connected. Via the switch i have other Deco's connected to the living room and one on the first floor.

For some reason the cabled internet connection seems to drop to 100 mbps and i need to restart the Deco's or i have to restart the switch and that seems to work for a little while. But once a week i need to restart everything. Anyone has any clue why it seems to work for a while, and then all of a sudden the connection speed drops.

Anyone can help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M4 (x3) drops from 1Gbps to 100Mbps (need to restart every time) (Wired)
2023-05-21 20:34:28

@HatsieFlatsie 

The first thing to suspect is Ethernet cable(s) and/or networking switch.

When issue happens, if speed drops on both Satellite Decos the suspects should be the switch, cable between switch and Main Deco and cable between Main Deco and modem.

If speed drops on Main Deco, too, the suspect becomes cable between Main Deco and modem.

Put together plan how to pinpoint where the problem is, and next time issue happens execute that plan. 

Options
Re:Deco M4 (x3) drops from 1Gbps to 100Mbps (need to restart every time) (Wired)
2023-05-22 17:06:20
For now, it seems that pulling the power cable out of the first switch and put it back in after 10 seconds does it for now. Restarting Deco's is not always working, but this is for now anyway. Going to renew the cables you mentioned. Thanks anyway.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 394

Replies: 2

Related Articles