Help needed.450..I need to set up my range extender (AC1750) at my new place .

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-22 12:35:11
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hoping someone kind and patient can help me.  I'm a bit of a tech idiot.  I recently moved and am trying to set up the range extender I had (but never actually needed or used) at my old place in my new one, where it is needed.   I can't even understand the directions I"ve found on the TP link site.    I would be so grateful ikf someone could walk me through this.   I've tried youtube videos and they either don't apply to my situation or I don't understand them either.   Maybe my extender is too old to work well now? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Help needed.450..I need to set up my range extender (AC1750) at my new place .
2023-05-23 02:51:06

@MelissaStar 

Hi, there are several methods to set up the extender, such as via web interface, via Tether App or via WPS button.

Here are the steps to set up RE450 via web interface, please check if it helps:

1. Make sure your router WiFi is working fine and router wireless password is clear to you

2. Plug the RE450 near your router, look for the default WiFi network of the RE450 on your laptpp, which is called TP-Link_xxxx, (If you cannot find the default WiFi network, please reset your RE450 to factory defaults by holding reset button/hole until all LEDs light up momentarily)

3. Connect your laptop to the default WiFi TP-Link_xxxx, please don't worry even though there is no internet access now

4. Open a web browser, type "tplinkrepeater.net" or "192.168.0.254" in address bar of the browser to login the web interface of the RE450

5. After login, please follow the quick setup steps to set up the RE450, during the process, you will need to select your router WiFi and enter your router's wireless password to connect the extender to your router WiFi. When it comes to the extender WiFi settings, you could either use the same name as your router WiFi or customize the extender WiFi name, please note that you will not see separate extender WiFi if it is the same as your router name.

6. Check 2.4G, 5G and signal LEDs on the extender, if signal LED is solid blue, it means the extender has been set up successfully, you could also relocate the extender.

If there is still any difficulty configuring the extender, it is recommended to call hotline support in your area so that the support agent could walk you through the setup process. You could find the contact information based on your region on the following website:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options