How to upgrade new firmware after changing it to satellite mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-22 22:30:43 - last edited 2023-05-23 09:56:20
Model: Archer AX53  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest

Hi support team,

I have a question. Recently I have changed my routers into easy mesh network. Then I realize that I only can login to my main router and cannot loggin to satellize routers, getting this message "Rejected request under RE mode." . So how can I upgrade new firmware to my satellize routers if I cannot access to them?

My home network topo:

Main router: AX55 v1

Satellite routers: 2x AX53 v1

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to upgrade new firmware after changing it to satellite mode-Solution
2023-05-23 09:54:29 - last edited 2023-05-23 09:56:20

@terziyski Thanks a lot for sharing valuable information. You are correct for the manual firmware update, like updating beta firmware manually or some other firmware that is not available on the cloud yet, we need to leave the Easymesh network first.

@Giang97 If there is newer official firmware available on the cloud for the satellite router, you will see it on the main router web interface and could update the satellite firmware directly on the main router page. 

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:How to upgrade new firmware after changing it to satellite mode
2023-05-22 23:54:41 - last edited 2023-07-17 09:34:04

@Giang97 

For manually update the satellite devices you should:

Reset them to factory defaults, upgrade the FW and join them back to the EasyMesh network.

Adding them back will replicate your main router settings into the satellite devices again.

Although I haven't tested this yet, some router models (including AX53 and AX55) have so called FW "Auto Update" feature.

If it is turned on by default then the device should update its FW automatically when a new version is available - not sure that this is active in satellite mode though.

Here's a screenshot from Archer C86 WebGUI:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:How to upgrade new firmware after changing it to satellite mode-Solution
2023-05-23 09:54:29 - last edited 2023-05-23 09:56:20

@terziyski Thanks a lot for sharing valuable information. You are correct for the manual firmware update, like updating beta firmware manually or some other firmware that is not available on the cloud yet, we need to leave the Easymesh network first.

@Giang97 If there is newer official firmware available on the cloud for the satellite router, you will see it on the main router web interface and could update the satellite firmware directly on the main router page. 

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How to upgrade new firmware after changing it to satellite mode
2023-05-23 09:56:08

Thank you both for your useful inormation. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 926

Replies: 3

Related Articles