connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
connection
connection
2023-05-27 13:54:44
Model: TL-WR841N_EU  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 14

Hi, I use WR940n as router because of access problems use WR841n in range extender mode connected with cable this set up has worked well for three years until recently, I now get extender connected but no internet tried new cable did not fix bought new WR841n but did not fix same problem with new extender.

Many Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:connection
2023-05-29 08:20:56

@sarum 

Hi, do you mean TL-WR940N works fine now as main router, and the TL-WR841N is configured as Range Extender mode to connect the TL-WR940N via WiFi, but TL-WR841N has no internet access?

Besides, may I know if you are using Smart DHCP or Static IP on the TL-WR841N?

Please share with us LAN IP addresses of the main router and range extender, and when you connect to the range extender network, please refer to the instruction below to find IP address and default gateway to see whether the IP address is assigned by the main router or range extender:

How to find IP address on your devices

Options
Re:connection
2023-05-29 13:25:26

HI, As I said I use TL-WR940n as main router, TL-WR841n in range extender mode, This configuration has worked well for past three years with the old TL-WR841n which I used until eighteen months ago until in stopped working when it got wet, I then purchased a new TL-WR841n which again has worked well up until three days ago when it was connected without internet. Originally all I did was change TL-841n to range extender mode connected to TL-WR940n via Ethernet cable NOT WIFI and as I have said all has worked with no problems. Since problem have disabled D.N.S on TL-WR841n but to no avail, all other equipment ( tv, Android tv box, D.V,D. works OK).  Should I reset TL-WR940n as it may be blocking signal? although reluctant to do this as will have to get internet provider to reinstall username and password.

Sarum   

Options