wifi extender setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

wifi extender setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
wifi extender setup
wifi extender setup
2023-05-29 12:01:06
Model: Range Extender  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

hi all

this is my scenario

i have two available Internet providers, one i have inside my house and another one from my brothers appartment next door/

i a wifi range extender that im getting wifi from this device is also from TP LINk,

i recently purchased  omada ER605 and i want to have my regular provider and my brothers provider as a failback

my question is  :

all my devices have a manually ip  set up for example

my home router has 192.168.100.1 

but my wifi extender ip is 192.168.2.1

should i change the extender ip configuration to match my home configuration? or omada router will do this automatically?

Options
1 Reply
Re:wifi extender setup
2023-05-30 08:01:16

@SneekPeek 

Hello, thanks for posting on the TP-Link Community.

What is the model number and hardware version of your TP-Link range extender?

Usually our range extenders support Smart DHCP and Static IP, if you are using Smart DHCP, it will obtain IP address automatically from DHCP Server on the main router, thus you don't need to change it manually; However, if you are using Static IP on the extender, you will need to change it manually and set it to be within the same subnet as your main router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 274

Replies: 1

Related Articles