range internet light appearing on only one of 2 separate routers (AX10 router)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-30 14:15:31
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Apologies if my post title is not accurate enough, and thanks for the help in advance!

Currently have 2 other separate routers (let's call it A and B for simplicity) connected to a central router that is connected to a modem, one of the separate routers (A) keeps having the orange internet light (every other day), however, the internet from the central router and the separate router (B) are both working fine.

Typically, the issue can be resolved by restarting the central router. However, as this issue is getting more frequent, thus any help would be appreciated. Router A has recently been replaced as I initially thought it was issue that the previous router A was too old (roughly 8 years or so). Thus am now wondering if it might be an issue with the cable wiring to the eternet port at router A.

Router A: TPlink AX10 ; I have utilised most if not all the fixes provided by Tp Link (cloning WAN address, updating the software, etc.)

TLDR, need help as to why only one router (router A) keeps having an orange internet light despite the main router and router B being fine.

Thanks again for the help provided!

Options
1 Reply
Re:range internet light appearing on only one of 2 separate routers (AX10 router)
2023-05-30 21:07:29

@scooch 

I suppose you have two routers (A) and (B) which are AX10, configured in AP mode (Case 1) and connected to your main router.

Connection in this scenario should be main router LAN port => AX10 WAN port.

If the issue is caused by cabling, you could easily check that by replacing the cable between your main router and router (A).

If not try the following - configure router (A) with a static IP address outside the IP address range of your main router DHCP server.

For example:

if your main router DHCP server range is 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.100, use 192.168.1.253 for router (A) LAN IP address.

Do the same for router (B), i.e. set its LAN IP address as 192.168.1.254 and test if the issue has been resolved.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 282

Replies: 1

Related Articles