Ultra-Thin and Minimalist Design AX3000 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Air Router --- Archer Air R5

Ultra-Thin and Minimalist Design AX3000 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Air Router --- Archer Air R5

18 Reply
Re:Ultra-Thin and Minimalist Design AX3000 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Air Router --- Archer Air R5
2023-08-28 09:02:27

@arianh 

Do you have any questions about Archer Air R5?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Ultra-Thin and Minimalist Design AX3000 Dual-Band Wi-Fi 6 Air Router --- Archer Air R5
2023-10-06 18:43:22

@Sunshine 

I bought 2x of these but I guess my question applies to EasyMesh in general.

Is there any way I can control the wifi power of the satellite device? Alternatively, do we know if the wifi power setting is replicated from the main router?

I want to minimize the radiation in the edge of the appartment where the satellite is sitting now, thinking maybe to switch the roles between the 2 routers as all the setting is available on the main router only, but not sure if it makes sense at all.

It's realy a pity configuration options are super primitive and I can't find any technical information on EasyMesh neither.

Options
2023-11-25 00:26:15
This router gets hot when used intensively. It would be great if the management console would display the processor temperature, and not just the processor and memory load. It is important.
Options
2024-01-12 14:19:11

@Sunshine 

I bought this yesterday. 5Gz band works perfect. 2.4Gz drops and can sometimes not be found. All my smart lamps and speakers works on 2.4gz. I cant even turn on a lamp. 

Ive done the reset 5 times. works for 2 minutes then it drops. 

My problem seems to be the same problems who occured on the earlier models. 

I don't have time for this. Never TP again. 

Options
2024-04-04 20:00:50 - last edited 2024-04-04 20:01:01

@Sunshine 

Any news on ethernet backhaul? For easymesh.

Options
2024-04-07 03:06:14

Michaelflat1 wrote

@Sunshine 

Any news on ethernet backhaul? For easymesh.

@Michaelflat1 

Unfortunately, we still don't receive advanced notice about when Ethernet Backhaul will be available on Archer Air R5, once there is any update, we will update this thread.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-05-05 11:38:36 - last edited 2024-05-06 08:30:15

Just bought this thing and very excited about ethernet backhaul support in the future.

Now its working great in wireless mesh mode in pair with 2 ethernet backhauled AX10's 

I'm having dropped packets on my wired network, seems like wireless mesh and ethernet backhaul mesh is somehow conflicting.

Well, it'll be just another access point then

Options
Yesterday - last edited Yesterday

@datspike so has an update been released already to support EasyMesh over wired backhaul? 

I've recently ditched my Google Nest Wifi Pro system because my new place has network cable installed to the different rooms. Add to this that my ISP's modem/router was giving me better wireless performance compared to a single node of the Google system. Now I'm just using my ISP's modem/router + TP-Link RE700X extender in AP mode (over ethernet backhaul). Seems pretty solid so far.

Eventually I'd like to change my ISP's router (or put it in bridge mode) with a TP-Link EasyMesh compatible router for better configurability. The sleek looks of the R5 would be a nice bonus.

Options
Related Articles