Another question regarding New Firmware for EAP235-wall v1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-10 06:38:12 - last edited 2023-09-05 07:22:03
Tags: #Firmware
Model: EAP235-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.1.0 Build 20210721 Rel. 46004

Just continuing another thread: Firmwareupdate for EAP235-wall v1

will there be a Firmware update for the EAP235-wall in the near future ?

Main things are:

- PPSK is apparently not working or not implemented yet

- Channel utilization only shows busy and free instead of Rx Frames,Tx Frames, , Interference, Free

- Automatic Power Optimization always failed ( AI WLAN Optimization)

Latest firmware dated almost 2 years ago.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Another question regarding New Firmware for EAP235-wall v1-Solution
2023-09-05 07:21:58 - last edited 2023-09-05 07:22:03

Hi All,

I'd like to update some news here.

Please refer to the below article for all current EAP models that have PPSK without RADIUS support and you may subscribe to it for updates.

Getting To Know PPSK (Private Pre-Shared Key) of Omada EAP Products

Welcome to provide your feedback on the related posts, and if you have any questions or concerns, we are always here to help.

Thank you for your continued support and patience.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Another question regarding New Firmware for EAP235-wall v1
2023-06-13 04:34:44

Same issues here. Have been trying to decide whether to go full Omada, switches and gateways and all -- but it's not promising that (advertised!) features that seem to exist in the UI don't really exist on the devices. TP-Link, you're so close to being the ideal choice -- please help me get over the finish line by making the devices I already have work with the new ones I'm trying to convince management to buy.

Options
Re:Another question regarding New Firmware for EAP235-wall v1-Solution
2023-09-05 07:21:58 - last edited 2023-09-05 07:22:03

Hi All,

I'd like to update some news here.

Please refer to the below article for all current EAP models that have PPSK without RADIUS support and you may subscribe to it for updates.

Getting To Know PPSK (Private Pre-Shared Key) of Omada EAP Products

Welcome to provide your feedback on the related posts, and if you have any questions or concerns, we are always here to help.

Thank you for your continued support and patience.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-09-05 08:55:51

Thank you @Hank21 for the update.

I have upgraded my EAP235-Wall a week ago and so far PPSK without RADIUS is working fine.

My EAPs mostly EAP653 and EAP235-Wall, but also some EAP223(US) v1.0, i am glad that PPSK support already planned for this EAP.

Anyway, this thread is not specifically about PPSK, but about EAP235-Wall, there are some other problems mentioned above that have not been fixed yet.

Hopefully we will hear another good news soon.

Best regards

Options
2023-09-06 01:35:02

Hello @MaWas

Thanks for your valuable response.

A newer 5.12 Beta firmware for the Controller has been released for trial, which improved algorithm for better optimization results of AI WLAN optimization feature, please follow the post link below for details.

Omada SDN Controller_V5.12.x (Updated on Sep 4th, 2023)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 387

Replies: 4

Tags

Firmware
Related Articles