Router randomly rebooted itself, how to diagnose why

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-14 12:08:00
Model: Archer AXE95  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20230310 rel.39593(5553)

Hi all. Got a AXE95 a few weeks ago and finally got most things in shape where I want them. Using DHCP with reservation on about 60 clients, and maybe another 10 grabbing IPs. Using about 10 port forwards. Other than that,nothing out of the usual from an out of the box experience.  So I have it set to reboot every Monday at 3am. I noticed last night (well this morning) right at midnight, on the dot, it rebooted itself. Looking at the logs it shows it reinitializing the NAT and ports and whatnot. Trying to understand what could have caused this, and the timing is interesting indeed.

FWIW I have the auto reboot just for Mondays, I have auto firmware updates set to OFF.  At the time everyone was sleeping less me watching Youtube, so very little activity on the network. Appreciate the help. Hopefully this is not a recurring theme of random reboots with this new router, eek

Options
1 Reply
Re:Router randomly rebooted itself, how to diagnose why
2023-06-21 06:47:43 - last edited 2023-06-21 06:48:24

@Roachforlife 

Maybe you could try checking the power supply first.

And does the issue happen again? If so, is it rebooting automatically always at exactly midnight? How about the LEDs at that moment?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 341

Replies: 1

Related Articles