Access point help needed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Access point help needed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Access point help needed
Access point help needed
2023-06-14 17:24:42

Hi all,

I'm looking for some help advice on my deco system,

I currently have the deco M9 system (5 units) and i have recently purchased the deco x50 (ax3000) 3 units to add to my set up, i have also had cat 6 cables run around my property so my question is if i use my decos either the M9 or the x50 do i need to put them into access point mode if they are connected to the main router via cat 6 ?, As i do not understand the difference between needing access point mode or not ?

please any help appreciated,

Options
2 Reply
Re:Access point help needed
2023-06-14 19:37:51

@Dazzer1-_ 

The following document describes difference between Deco Router and Access Point mode: What’s the difference between Access Point mode and Router mode on the Deco?

If you do not miss features unavailable in AP mode, I would recommend running Deco mesh in AP mode.

In regard to wiring Deco, you can do that with Deco mesh running in any mode. The only difference: in AP mode there are no restrictions on how to wire Deco units. In Router mode, there are. More about it in the following document: General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Options
Re:Access point help needed
2023-06-15 06:22:33

@Alexandre. 

Thankyou

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 456

Replies: 2

Related Articles