Android devices don't work properly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-05 08:55:25
Region : Spain

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : habland

Hi, can anyone tell me if they have problems with android devices on this wireless router. I bought it two days ago and while it was easy to do the basic setup I've found that a nexus 10 and a Samsung galaxy S have issues. Connection seems fine but if I open YouTube thumb nails are blank although the video's still play okay. Also connection to some email accounts fail, web pages are not formatted correctly and speed test fails to connect to the server. I experience none of these problems with my old d-link dir 655 wireless router.
Any ideas?
Options
5 Reply
Re:Android devices don't work properly
2013-08-06 14:44:58
I think you can try to change the MTU size on the Acher 7 on WAN menu. If you are using a cable modem, you can also try to do the MAC Clone. For the wireless setting, you can try to channel the channel on 2.4g if the Android devices are using 2.4G.
Options
Archer C7
2013-08-09 03:03:14
Hi, thanks for the reply. The Nexus 10 is dual band and seems to work fine through Archer 7 if
I do the following.
Connect the d-link DIR 655 to the modem as normal.
Connect the tplink wireless router WAN port to a LAN port on the d-link DIR655.
Power up the tp-link.

The DIR655 gives the tp-link an IP address and I can connect to the internet through the tp-link wireless router without any problems.
It seems to me the problem is with the tp-link talking to the internet directly through the modem. I've looked at the MTU value and it's the same on both routers.
Don't know where to go from here.
Options
2013-08-18 18:46:40
I have experiences some troubles with Android SamsungS4 in 5Ghz. When i use only 2.4 Ghz, no problem with Samsung S4 phone .
Options
2013-08-29 16:52:17
Hi,

I'm having similar issues with the Nexus 4 on 5Ghz - I use WiFi Overview 360 and this shows the 5Ghz constantly dropping on the latest firmware - now I know it's not the phone at fault as if I use a D-Link Dir 825, BT HomeHub 4 or an Asus RT-N66U the Nexus 4 can use the 5Ghz on these without any issues.

I think even though the firmware has been updated a few bugs have appeared in it

regards
Walkerx
Options
2013-09-06 11:27:37
Have you tried using different wireless security type? Just mess around withe the wireless settings and wireless security settings, sometimes It helps .
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 564

Replies: 5

Related Articles