How to configure one SSID with 2 AX80 routers?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-22 03:58:17
Model: Archer AX80  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have two AX80 AX6000 and want to create one wifi/SSID to cover my house. 
I connected the first AX80 to Starlink - it works perfectly fine.
Now I connected the second AX80 via lan to the first but no matter what I try, I cannot figure out how to let it extend the SSID, it always creates a separate SSID which I have to manually connect to. 

Thanks for your support!

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to configure one SSID with 2 AX80 routers?
2023-06-22 13:50:21 - last edited 2023-06-30 16:14:10

@Arejoe 

To extend your wireless coverage in your premises just set the second AX80 in AP mode (Case 1) and set its wireless SSID the same as the first AX80.

Thus you'll not introduce a double NAT in your LAN and both routers will have the same SSIDs.

Ethernet connection should be: first AX80 LAN port => second AX80 WAN port.

If AX80 supports EasyMesh feature, you can use this video guide for configuring a wireless mesh network between those two - thus you'll have seamless roaming when moving around your premises.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 281

Replies: 1

Related Articles