Wireguard Walkthrough

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wireguard Walkthrough

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wireguard Walkthrough
Wireguard Walkthrough
2023-06-22 20:18:50 - last edited 2023-06-23 13:34:17

Couldn't make OpenVPN operate with my desired restrictions in place (likely an user error), so dove into Wireguard. The supporting help docs are garbage to the uninitiated. Have pasted my personal notes below to hopefully help others. This has all been tested on a separate network with an LTE gateway. Note - I use the terms server/client because that's easier for me to grasp; I know it isn't correct.

PS: sorry for the photo uploads but I wasn't going to fix nuanced syntax just to make this post pass the forum's external link checker.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireguard Walkthrough
2023-10-20 14:42:42

Update: this stopped working for me. The fix includes adding the following lines into the interface section of the client.

PostUp = iptables -A FORWARD -i wg0 -j ACCEPT; iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE
PostDown = iptables -D FORWARD -i wg0 -j ACCEPT; iptables -t nat -D POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 435

Replies: 1

Related Articles