Wireguard config

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wireguard config

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wireguard config
Wireguard config
2023-08-19 03:21:52 - last edited 2023-10-12 01:18:06
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2

Hi all

I have a 605 in my server location (Site A) that I'm attempting to establish a Wireguard connection to from a router running OpenWRT (site B). I keep hitting snags as it appears the connection is established (handshake and packet transfers) but devices my site B that are routed through the VPN fail to obtain an internet connection. I've noticed I'm not able to add more than one Allowed IP on the 605 side.

Is it possible to run a WG tunnel between these routers? Ideally it's not site to site but rather client to site. 

Thank you!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wireguard config-Solution
2023-08-21 02:04:26 - last edited 2023-10-12 01:18:06

Hi @thisisliam 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

How to configure WireGuard VPN on Omada Router in Standalone mode?

Config parameters would be similar to what you have in Controller mode.

After setting up the Wireguard on ER605, then you gotta go and config on the other router. Set the Interface to another router. After you specify the interface, make sure you set it to the peer on the ER605.

This is an interface not existed on your ER605(avoid a conflict).

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Wireguard config
2023-08-19 10:16:09

@thisisliam 

is your configured ips for vpn clients belongs to a VLAN other then default (vlan 1)?

If so get the out of it and it should be all okay.

Options
2023-08-19 19:23:19

@Bonesoul - thanks for replying! I'm afraid I don't follow. Are you saying I should create a new VLAN?

Options
2023-08-19 21:01:33 - last edited 2023-08-21 11:06:06

check this: https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/607558?replyId=1217910

If you assign your vpn clients an internal IP that belongs o a custom VLAN, it'll cause a similar situation to yours.

Options
Re:Wireguard config-Solution
2023-08-21 02:04:26 - last edited 2023-10-12 01:18:06

Hi @thisisliam 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

How to configure WireGuard VPN on Omada Router in Standalone mode?

Config parameters would be similar to what you have in Controller mode.

After setting up the Wireguard on ER605, then you gotta go and config on the other router. Set the Interface to another router. After you specify the interface, make sure you set it to the peer on the ER605.

This is an interface not existed on your ER605(avoid a conflict).

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 686

Replies: 4

Related Articles