Router to device ping high

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-25 14:07:45
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought Archer C6 router less than a week ago. I game wirelessly. In wireless connection, the ping is spiking frequently. Its jumping from 1/2ms to 150ms sometimes. How to fix this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Router to device ping high
2023-06-26 06:24:01

@FJ04 

Hi, is it via 2.4G Wi-Fi connection or 5G Wi-Fi connection?

Please try to adjust the Wi-Fi channel and channel width to see if it would be better. You could also use wireless analyzer etc. to scan the wireless networks nearby to identify which channel is clean and try to select a less crowded channel to reduce wireless interference.

By the way, if you connect to the router via Ethernet connection, is there any similar issue?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Router to device ping high
2023-06-27 17:57:29

@Sunshine Its fine with ethernet. And its in both 5ghz and 2.5ghz. I couldnt fix it even by changing channels. What should i do?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 357

Replies: 2

Related Articles