IP-MAC BINDING & DHCP Address Reservation not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-28 14:23:23
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2 Build 20230210 Rel.62992

I am trying to assign reserved IP's for my omada controller & tp-link switch but they are never assigned the reserved IP and instead gets dynamically assigned IP.
Here is a screenshot of ARP list that shows duplicate entries. 1 for the reservation I have made and 2nd is the dynamic IP assigned
I have tried rebooting, unplugging the ethernet and setting up the router in both stand-alone and controller mode but no luck in Reserving IP address for my devices

Options
5 Reply
Re:IP-MAC BINDING & DHCP Address Reservation not working
2023-06-29 06:44:55

@Ayaanp 

Hi, there is a new Beta firmware released on the forum, have you seen it? Maybe you can use it to give it a shot.

Tried rebooting the switch and the router just for testing, just a DHCP release time issue maybe. And did you set DHCP reservation on a PC or other devices in case it only occurs on the Omada devices?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-06-29 16:09:09

@Virgo Is this a known issue which is reported as fixed in the Beta Firmware? I have tried with both omada and non-omada devices without any luck on any of them

Options
2023-06-30 02:44:41

@Ayaanp 

I'm not sure actually, but the Beta firmware is a newer version and added multiple new features and it is working perfectly in my network, at least I have no such DHCP reservation issue I mean.

Options
2023-06-30 13:31:58

@Virgo are you using the ER-605 via omada controller or in stand-alone mode?

Options
2023-07-03 02:14:40

@Ayaanp 

To be honest, I am using both. I have multiple Omada gateways on multiple sites.

Options