ER605 Login Timeout after IP Address Change

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-03 03:20:59
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2

By Default the ER605 is LAN IP Address 192.168.0.1

If I change this address to 192.168.1.1 to suit my network

I am no longer abale to access the device via the web page

as EVERY time I try the user and password it says :

you have been Timed Out please try to login again.

This then requires a factory reset and back to where I started

Options
2 Reply
Re:ER605 Login Timeout after IP Address Change
2023-07-04 01:31:12 - last edited 2023-07-04 01:31:31

Hi @JGilmour 

I am not sure about "192.168.1.1 to suit my network"

But what you reported is quite strange. The common solution resolving such a problem would be

1. Clear your browser cache. Relaunch it and try again.

2. Use incognito mode/private mode.

Or you can use another browser or laptop to check.

3. Make sure your LAN IP is not duplicated. This is super important. Do not have two duplicate Gateways(192.168.1.1) in your topology if you are new to this. This is not gonna be a proper way to use the router.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
ER605 Login Timeout
2023-07-06 21:06:21

Problem here is some sort of related...

5 Moths ago i bought 2 ER605 devices to set up a stable VPN connection between my 2 appartments.

1 ER605 v2 was working fine for 2-3 months, configured to 10.0.0.x internal and connected to Wan(fixed IP). VPN was working fine per IPSEC Site to SITE connection.

One day stopped to work with no visible reason, no more data flow in any direction. Login page showed: Timed Out please try to login again at every try.

After some time a reset to default was made, it worked and device is responding to 192.168.0.1 as expected.

Login still not possible again, it leads to the password set entry page where a login should be entered, but again every try ends in same result: Timed Out please try to login again.

The second device is still in a good condition, no problems at all. So is there a way to maybe flash the device with new firmware without log in? Or some other resolution to get it in a usable shape again?

br,

Vibe68

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1448

Replies: 2

Related Articles