Latency and periodic slowdowns

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-06 09:09:43 - last edited 2023-07-06 09:11:57
Model: Archer A10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I've been using the Archer A10 connected to my ISP provided modem/router for a few years now, and unfortunately I've always seemed to have occasional drops in performance (every few minutes) which isn't normally noticeable. However, I see connection status in video calls occasionally dropping from Good to Poor, in addition to getting poor performance in gaming, despite the connection being a wired one in many cases. Still, with wireless, I have an AC wireless connection with a PC build that isn't more than 2 years old, and no other major devices on the network. Cycling the router doesn't make any difference, nor does shutting down the various smart plugs and other devices on my network.

The slowdowns are especially noticeable when streaming from my PC to my Chromecast and the connection sometimes drops, or when using Steam Link connected to my PC on the same network (essentially streaming locally) and I get massive lag every few minutes. Gaming is doable but poor.

How can I go about determining what might be causing the performance issues with this router on my network? I don't experience the performance issues when directly connected to the modem/router of my provider. Nothing is showing out of the ordinary in the A10 logs that I can see.

I have QoS enabled but all the affected devices are given priority.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Latency and periodic slowdowns
2023-08-03 06:39:22

@Toast97 

Check firmware update and make sure you are using the latest firmware.

How to Upgrade the Firmware on the TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 96

Replies: 1

Related Articles