How to disable AP isolation in Omada system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-07 01:29:27 - last edited 2023-07-17 01:08:20
Tags: #Mesh
Model: EAP660 HD  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

Hi, I have been using my Omada setup for a while now

2x EAP660 HD's, OC200 controller, Jetstream TL-SG2008P switch

I am having trouble using certain devices because of AP isolation.

For example, my Eufy Homebase (NVR device) connected to my switch via ethernet can not pair communicate with my Eufy cameras on WiFi.

To test, I connected to homebase to the etherner port on a standalone EAP235-Wall and connected the camera to the EAP235-Wall SSiD, it works.

Can anyone help me understand why this would happen?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to disable AP isolation in Omada system-Solution
2023-07-14 05:13:45 - last edited 2023-07-17 01:08:20

@Virgo 

No VLAN's in use. Flat network. All same subnet.

Eufy uses a small NVR-type device. That NVR device is connected directly to to same PoE switch that the AP is connected to.

The camera is connected wirelessly to that AP.

When I contacted Eufy, they reviewed logs and confirmed the AP isolation was a known issue on TP-Link routers. I figured they just meant consumer Archer routers. They then said to try connecting both devices to my phones hotspot and see if it works. It worked fine. Also with both connected to a standalone EAP235-Wall, it works fine.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:How to disable AP isolation in Omada system
2023-07-10 05:39:19

@Gorilla-P 

Do you have any VLAN settings? Did these SSIDs in the same subnet? Need to set mDNS if the NVR and cams are in the different subnet.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:How to disable AP isolation in Omada system-Solution
2023-07-14 05:13:45 - last edited 2023-07-17 01:08:20

@Virgo 

No VLAN's in use. Flat network. All same subnet.

Eufy uses a small NVR-type device. That NVR device is connected directly to to same PoE switch that the AP is connected to.

The camera is connected wirelessly to that AP.

When I contacted Eufy, they reviewed logs and confirmed the AP isolation was a known issue on TP-Link routers. I figured they just meant consumer Archer routers. They then said to try connecting both devices to my phones hotspot and see if it works. It worked fine. Also with both connected to a standalone EAP235-Wall, it works fine.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 513

Replies: 2

Tags

Related Articles